Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Made it!!

A few weeks ago I came across a pattern on MADE for a beach robe, since we go to the pool nearly every week day, I thought it would be perfect to make a few of these robes for my kids. I've really been excited as I shop for materials and study the pattern. The first robe off the machine is for my adorable god-daughter Sophia, who is turning 4 today!! Here is the finished product, I hope to get a few pictures of her wearing it at her birthday party this afternoon. I admit that I unpicked more than I sewed, made a huge mess of my loft (terrycloth isn't the easiest to work with), but despite a few little flaws, I'm happy to say it turned out adorable. but I'm excited to try my hand at 3 more of these babies in the next week or so...

4 comments:

Nichole said...

very cute!!

Peggy said...

I LOVE it!!! Well done!

Cindy said...

Can't wait to see it on Sophie. I had a lot of fun sewing for you when you were young. Enjoy!

Grandma Scott said...

So cute... I can believe you have time to sew. !!