Sunday, March 22, 2009

When I should worry....

Yesterday Harrison asked me (rather insistently) if I would back the car out of the garage so he could ride his bike. It was a little chilly and he thought it might be warmer riding in the garage. I can't remember what I was doing, but I told him I would do it later, and he could ride in the driveway for a few minutes. 

His reply?

"Then I'll just do it myself.... where are the keys?"

WHAT? ARE. YOU. SERIOUS?

Then today he asked if I would take him to the bank (the nice tellers always give him a sucker). I told him I didn't have any reason to go to the bank, and maybe we could go another day. To which he replied. 

"I'll just drive myself."

People. This scares the crap out of me. Why? Because when Harrison says he is going to do something..... He finds a way to do it.

Every.

Time.

I think I really need to hide the keys now.

Oh, and did I mention that he already knows how to put the keys in the ignition and how to put the car in gear? Now do you know why I'm scared? I don't want to be the dealing with this in a few years. 

Oh, and readers?

Harrison is 3 years old. 

Heaven help us all.

8 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

OK, before I even knew where this was going...right about the "then I will just do it" I seriously said, "OH CRAP! You know he will too". The smoothies & chocolate milk came to mind! Yes Amber HIDE THE KEYS! I don't want you to be the mom of "that" kid either! :) GOOD LUCK!

Keli said...

You should definitely worry. A lot.

Hey, you won the bow giveaway! I have your bows, when should I bring them over? Or should I mail them? Either way.

Cindy said...

You better sleep with one eye open and I'd put the keys in a lock box!! He is one smart, determined boy. And he is cute too!

Schauers Hours said...

That Harrison is quite a character! The stories about him never cease to amaze.

Uncle Johnny said...

He is such a funny little guy! Don't you just laugh sometimes at what he comes up with!

Juber Family said...

Man, you have got trouble with a capital "T" on your hands. Good luck Amber!

Jill said...

yikes sis...funny, cute harrison just turned CRAZY! you should keep your keys on your belt like a janitor at ALL times! Good luck.

Amber said...

A janitor belt!! That's what I need! Thanks Jill....