Friday, July 17, 2009

How does your garden grow?

Despite the chilly summer we've had, our garden seems to be chugging right along. The kids have had a great time going to the garden every day, searching for any ripe vegetables.

The zucchini plants are as tall as Maya! (Who is growing nearly as fast as our garden, she's grown an inch and half since April!!)


Look what I found! My first cucumber of the year! I love cucumbers fresh from the garden (notice the little blonde head in the background of this photo)

Henry pounces in for the kill. He bit a big chunk of it before I had a chance to wash and peel it!

2 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

I am so very jealous! We are still plugging right along with ours, but sadly, it is a far cry from production on any level as of yet. SIGH!

There is hope...Peonies usually bloom in the fall and because of our weather here mine didn't show their lovely faces until July!

I would LOVE a garden fresh Cuc right about now! NOTHING BETTER!

Anonymous said...

I know that I have a wonderful adventure ahead... I just hope I get to plant a garden next year...