A few weeks ago, I made Smitten Kitchen's Blueberry Crumb bars. They were tasty, actually they were really tasty, but I knew a little bit of cream cheese filling would make them outstanding. Yesterday afternoon I picked up a package of blueberries and set to work, coming up with my very own blueberry cream cheese bar variation. If you have extra blueberries on hand, give this one a try, it won't disappoint! Oh, and Harrison took most of the photos for this cooking project, he was really bored, and working mom's digital camera seemed to be the ticket.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars
In the bowl of your food processor pulse the following until mixed:
*1/2 cup sugar
*1 1/2 cups flour
*1/2 tsp. baking powder
*1/4 tsp. salt
*zest of half a lemon
Add
*1 stick cold butter
*1 egg
pulse until the mixture barely comes together, and the butter is evenly distributed.
In another bowl stir together:
*2 cups blueberries
*2 tsp. cornstarch
*1/4 cup sugar
*Juice from half a lemon
In yet another bowl mix the following with an electric beater:
*1 8oz package softened cream cheese
*1/2 cup sugar
*1 tsp. vanilla
Ok, let's get to work.
Press half the crumb mixture in the bottom of an 8" square (greased) pan.
Wait until they're completely cool to cut into squares. These are so tasty!
Recipe modified from the delightful Smitten Kitchen. She's the best!
8 comments:
Mmmmmmm... I'll take two.
Glad they turned out...looks very tasty!
You are killing me Amber. Everything you make looks like heaven but just thinking about it sends my blood sugar through the roof:) I would pay alot of money to have you around cooking for me, you are fabulous!
looks like you have a winner!
Yummm...... I love anything with cream cheese....
Have you tried Melba Johnson's cream cheese cupcakes ???
This looks so yummy, love the pictures too!!!
This looks so yummy, love the pictures too!!!
Looks yummy... and tastes yummy!!! I can tell!!!
Post a Comment