Sunday, February 8, 2009

Patience is a virtue

Patience is a virtue, one that Harrison may be lacking a bit of! As I was rocking Henry to sleep yesterday morning, Harrison barged in the bedroom and demanded a glass of chocolate milk. Immediately. 
I tried to put Harrison off and asked him to wait for just a few minutes. Harrison knew I would be more than just a few minutes, so off he went. 

This is the scene I came downstairs to:
Allow me to explain that the (full) gallon of milk was on the top shelf of the fridge, and the Hershey's syrup was hidden in the back of the fridge, behind all sorts of thai fish sauce, tahini and pickles. Now, if you know Harrison, you know he will NOT be deterred by and number of inconspicuous sauces and condiments. No sir.

Now... if I could just get him to clean up his mess..... then maybe I wouldn't even mind if he helps himself to a glass of chocolate milk now and again. Like I've said before Harrison will never starve!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I love that he used a beater to mix it with....

Cindy said...

That Harrison will love Boy Scouts! He will succeed at wilderness survival skills. He will love hiking in the mountains with Grandpa Greg and camping out at 'white rock meadow'. Life is just one great adventure!

Jill said...

ha-I love that crafty little guy! I was thinking that next you would show a picture of the gallon of milk spilled all over the floor...then your patience would have REALLY been tested!

Candise said...

So at what age do you start giving him a night of the week to cook dinner? He could just add toast to that chocolate milk and you'd have a meal!