Helping with dishes, this results in suds and water on the floor, counters and perimeter....
Harrison invented a complex game called "ice cube hockey" involving some made up rules, complex procedures, messes and really not much else.
While the ice cubes sit melting on the table and floor, Harrison decided the dishcloth used as a hockey mat looks much more like a cape.
A fridge magnet clip will do the trick, papers that the clip held up are strewn on the floor.
Maya will use Henry's blanket...
Super Heros get tired of running pell mell around the house, it's time to cart up the wooden train set from the basement. A track the size of first floor is currently in the works.
Trains have lost their magic, let's do art! Good thing the easel is up.
Art is finished (cousin Maren, you'll be getting a drawing in the mail)
Fort time! Forts at our house involve stripped beds, sheets, ironing boards, lots of pillows and books to read.
A quick change of clothes for Maya and a game of Horsie ensues.
This is what Henry thinks of all the shenanigans...
10 comments:
That is why moms need to get up early, put on their running shoes, their 'superhero cape' and try to stay half a step ahead of the crew!
Thanks Amber for being a great mom, it is a big job--you do it well!
I loved that. I read somewhere recently that you can either spend time cleaning your house or spend time with your kids. I think you are choosing the better option. At least this is what I tell myself when it looks like toys exploded all over my house.
Even your "average day" pictures look sooo good. I must get a tutorial...
Just think of all the memories, right sis! It looks a good time was had by all...even litle henry!
I can relate! The more messy the house, the more successful the day I always say! Your kids always look happy and that is all that really matters:)
Looks like a good day was had by all. It's exhausting, isn't it?
Are you kidding me?! HOLY SMOKES! Those are some busy kids! I seriously think that busy = happy! I have been thinking about that a lot lately. Keeping the kids busy and free to imagine and make a big mess is part of the fun part of growing up! You are such a good Mom Amber!
I want to come play!
Oh, and that picture of Henry is darling. His facial expression is an exact replica of one I've seen on his mother!!!
Your kids get up to some crazy antics - I love it! Looks like a VERY fun home to grow up in.
Your Maya is gorgeous with that hair!
Post a Comment